Vision and Mission
The Mission of the Balkans Regional Rule of Law Network is to contribute to the rule of law, democracy and the protection of human rights by and through strengthening independent and effective defense bars in cooperation with civil society.
- Improve the capacity of the bars to better serve their members and citizens
- Promote the independence of the profession
- Promote high ethical norms
- Promote high quality continuing legal education for advocates
- Educate the public on access to justice and the role of the advocate
- Work to improve access to legal aid and quality of representation in criminal cases
- Improve the social standing of the advocate in society through civic engagement
- Promote the social responsibility of the legal profession
- Promot fundamental human rights
- Contribute to the improvement of legislation, advocacy, and the judicial system
- Improving cooperation between bar chambers in the region
- Improving cooperation between bar chambers and justice sector actors including civil society
- Influence and shape legislation that affects advocates’ and citizens’ fundamental human rights.
- Improve diversity within the profession and effectively protect the rights of minorities and other vulnerable groups
- Encouraging vulnerable groups to enter into the profession
- Promote access to the courts and representation for vulnerable groups.
Posting is allowed only to logged in members. Please register for free, and log in